Masons 1 Month Update!!



Hi Everyone,

Wow I can't quite believe that I'm sitting here writing this! My little man is 1 month old today!! 
People say the time flies when you have a baby and boy are they right!! 

Mason has been doing a lot in first month of life, including holding his head up himself and giving us his first proper smile!! His first few days at home were a nightmare for us but isn't it for everyone? He had colic for one of them nights and we just couldn't settle him, he screamed all night and into the morning! Thats when the dummy came out !! It did settle him for a bit but obviously not for long as the colic was in full affect. The next day we gave him some Infacol and that worked a treat! 
His umbilical cord stump dropped off in the first week which I was very pleased about because I hated changing his nappy with that horrible big blue clamp on it! 

By the end of the 3rd week he had started to change loads, his face was fuller and he got cute chubby cheeks. His hair was also turning lighter and his eyes were looking blue (like his mammy!). 
His bedtime/feeding routine is more established now aswel. He has a bottle every 4 hours....1:30am, 5:30am, 9:30am, 1:30pm, 5:30pm and 9:30pm!! I don't mind being up for them two early morning feeds as long as he sleeps the rest of the time lol which he has been doing. When he gets a bit older I might be able to miss out the 1:30am feed and hopefully he will sleep right through!

This week I managed to get his little Elf outfit on and take some nice christmas photos ! 

It was actually harder to get the dog to pose for that picture than I thought it would be lol!

His first month of his life have been hard but well worth it and I can't wait for the months ahead to watch him develop his own little personality!! 

Ainsleigh 
XoXo

2 comments

  1. It really does fly over, but the older they get the better they get!

    I loved reading this :) Can't wait to meet him on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh i can't wait till he's giggling away but i don't want to wish his newborn time away either lol. can't wait to meet max again.

    ReplyDelete