DIY snowy mountain wall painting




Hi Everyone!!!

I want to share with you a step by step guide on how I created the "snowy mountains" in Masons nursery.
It's really quite easy but there were a few things I would of done differently if I had to do it again.




First off choose you colour theme. I went with a much darker grey called "Charcol" for the bottom of the mountains and just white emulsion for the peaks.

Next I used tape to give me a clean line and mark out my mountains. The best tape for this in my opinion is the yellow Frog Tape shown below....







This is because its specifically for this type of project and it can be placed on delicate surfaces like freshly plastered or painted walls and there is no risk of pulling anything away with the tape when removing.



Remember when marking your outline to add the "peak" part I chose to make mine different lengths but you could just make yours go straight across the mountain.

I painted the bottom half of the mountains in my Charcol colour like this...



In this picture I had already took off the tape that created the lines on the peaks.





Let the paint dry for about 10 minutes then its time to paint your white peaks!
Take the tape off the lines that are making your "snow" and place some new tape over the dark paint right up to the edge so that your white runs flush with the dark colour. 
TOP TIP: Be careful when using a roller on this part I had to wipe white off the walls where I hand been a little over excited and gone over the tape!!!

Then peel away! I didn't wait till the paint was dry to peel the tape off I was way to excited lol but the lines were crisp and straight and that's all I wanted so it did the job!






And there you have it! I was really surprised how well they turned out and now I have the fever for it I think I will try doing a moon above them to cover a horrible bump in the wall that sticks out like a sore thumb!!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial (if you can call it that lol) hope to do many more and share them with you all.






No comments